lottery of life

I was born (very unlikely to be born at all).

I was born as a healthy child.

I was born in Europe.

I was born into a peaceful Europe.

I was born into one of the most peaceful (concerning interhuman relations) countries in the world.

I was born into an intact family.

...

I didn't do anything for this. This has not happened because I worked hard for it. This is not my achievement. I was just damn lucky. In other words: I have won the lotterie of life.

So, who am I to complain over trivial things at all?

Who am I not to make this world a better place to live in for everyone?

How could I ever live with not helping those who need it the most?

Minding the fact, that I could have been born any person on this planet, not helping others would just mean rejecting myself.

Kommentare