self-therapy II



how does this – whatever i am thinking or doing at the moment – help the animals right now or in the long run?


Right now i am looking for a way to deal with the stress if feel and the images i see. I am not running away from those images or try to block them out, but instead analyse them to eventually improve my overall health status. I assume that my fragile health condition is strongly linked to my psychologial challenges. So in short, this self-therapy is helpful on the long run because it can make me more resilient to the stress i experience which is again beneficial for my overall activism.


I realize that i am calming down in the process of writing this. How can i explain this calming effect? I have two explanations for this. First, writing itself shifts my focus from whatever is stressing me out (pigs getting slaughtered,...) towards the process of writing. Second, by writing down my thoughts i feel that i am getting more control over my situation. It becomes clearer and easier to handle. So, i will make writing an essential part of my self-therapy.

Kommentare